Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 1: Rogliano


I woke up before Brent, got up took a shower and headed downstairs to hang out with Giusy. She made me breakfast and I showed her pictures of my friends, family, and horses that I had with me. Francesco’s favorite animal is a horse so she told me I have to show him the pictures when he gets back on Tuesday. After a while Brent came downstairs and had breakfast with us. After breakfast Brent and I walked up to the main piazza in town where they had their weekly Sunday market going on. We walked through the market and wandered around town taking pictures until it was time to go home for lunch. When we got home we had lunch with Giusy and her grandfather, which was really fun. We couldn’t understand him at all though because he only spoke in dialect. We had so much food for lunch though. A delicious meal of penne alla Bolognese, salad, chicken, and meatballs. Then we had multiple desserts along with an espresso before we finally escaped from eating more food. After lunch we walked to the house of some of our friends because they have Internet. We hung out with them for a couple hours before going home to have dinner with our host mom: mozzarella, tomatoes, cucumbers, fish sticks, along with an apple and multiple desserts. I’ve never felt so full in my entire life as I do here every single day. It’s crazy! We hung out with our host mom for a while after that, watching italy’s version of “America’s Funniest Home Videos”. That was really entertaining to watch and it was good bonding time for the three of us. Brent and I are speaking a little bit more Italian every day, which is good. We’re feeling a bit more confident as we go along. 



1 comment: